• What is the SofTap® Method?
• What is Permanent Cosmetics and how long does it last?
• Who is Permanent Cosmetics for and
what are the advantages?
• How does the procedure work?
• Is the procedure painful?
• How is the recovery process?
• Will I need touch-up visits?
• What can I expect at my appointment?
• What are Eyelash Extensions?
• How long do Eyelash Extensions last?
• How do I care for my Eyelash Extensions?
• Can I add mascara to Eyelash Extensions?
What is the SofTap® Method?
The SofTap® Hand Method is a technique used to manually apply pigment into the skin. With no machinery or electrical devices involved, the process is very controlled, gentle and safe, resulting in an extremely natural look.
What is Permanent Cosmetics and how long does it last?
Permanent Cosmetics is the “Permanent application of pigment into the skin. The pigment will never wash away or smear but the pigment may fade and soften in color through the years. With proper care your procedure should hold its color anywhere between 5-15 years, but most people may want or need touch-ups or color boosts in 1-3 years. Although said to be permanent anything you apply to your skin, depending upon your skin type and texture, the products you use on your skin, your lifestyle, and how well you follow your aftercare instruction, will determine the amount of fading that will occur. All procedures are a two step process. Remember, the desired color can be enhanced and maintained with occasional touch-ups.
Who is Permanent Cosmetics for and what are the advantages?
Do you want to:
• Simplify your life?
• Enhance your natural features?
• Make your lashes appear thicker?
• Fill your brows where hair is lost or thin?
• Wake up with makeup every morning?
• Wear less makeup and still look beautiful?
• Participate in active sports and look your best?
• Do outdoor activities like camping, hiking and swimming and not worry about your makeup?
• Save time getting ready each day?
• Avoid makeup allergies?
• Create areolas that have been lost due to breast cancer?
• Camouflage unwanted tattoos?
• Have a difficult time seeing to apply your makeup?
• Have to reapply makeup during the day?
• Have you lost hair in your eyebrows or lash line?
• Hate when your drawn on brows smear and come off?
• Need definition added to your features?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Permanent Cosmetics is for you!
How does the procedure work?
All implements used are sterile and 100% disposable. The sterile needles are dipped into pigment and applied into the skin according to the shape you desire. All needles are used once, then disposed of in a sharps container for your protection.
Is the procedure painful?
SofTap® is the most gentle of all tattooing methods. A topical anesthetic is used to pre-numb the treatment area, then more topical is applied throughout your procedure. Depending on your pain tolerance, you may feel some discomfort, but most people feel very little.
How is the recovery process?
In some cases there will be slight swelling or redness of the skin which should quickly subside. Complete recovery will be realized in approximately 2-6 weeks. You will be given aftercare instructions and an aftercare kit.
Will I need touch-up visits?
The procedures are a multi-session process. Your first session is thought of as a rough draft. Your second session is the finish work. It is always a two step process, but you may need additional visits to achieve the desired results, especially if you want thicker and/or darker color, or if you are doing lip procedures.
What can I expect at my appointment?
If you have chosen a lip procedure, you must first have a consultation visit to receive a patch test. The next step is to choose a pigment color and design your work. Your skin is then pre-numbed and the pigment is applied. Procedures take anywhere from 1-3 hours. An aftercare kit and instructions will be given to you.
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are a totally new way to extend the length and thickness of your eye- lashes. They are applied on a hair-by-hair basis to your own lashes for a totally natural look or in clusters for a fuller, more dramatic look.
How long do Eyelash Extensions last?
Individual lash extensions can last up to two months or more. Cluster lash extensions can last up to 4 weeks or more. Touch-ups are recommended after intial full set application to replace any lashes that may have fallen off. Lashes will last for the length of the natural growth cycle of each eyelash hair.
How do I care for my Eyelash Extensions?
Care must be taken not to rub eyes, or scratch. Also, any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, or cleansers containing oils can loosen the bond of Lash Extensions. Care must be taken to apply eye cream sparingly with avoidance of the lash line area.
Can I add mascara to Eyelash Extensions?
Water soluble mascara can be worn; however constant use of mascara may shorten the life-span of your lashes. WATERPROOF MASCARA IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE AS IT WILL DISSOLVE THE BOND WITH THE LASHES.